The First One...


 

~Why I'm writing this~

 

 

Timothy 4:12 - Don't let anyone look down on you because you are ...      Ah, yes. The glorious world of blogging. I suppose I always saw myself as a blogger, but I always figured that no one would take what I have to say seriously with me being so young. A verse that kept coming to my mind was 1 Timothy 4:12. "Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young. But set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity." I kept reminding myself of this, that I am to be setting an example, no matter what age I am. I found myself constantly giving advice and encouragement to many of my friends...which, in fact, I enjoy quite much. It was strange, although in a good way, knowing that something I say can be that meaningful to others. Now, combine this with my passion for writing, and here I am. And I'm excited to see what God has planned. 

    Now, I'm asking y'all to bear with me as I figure out all of this, for I am still growing and maturing in my faith as well. In the past couple of years I have grown closer to God more than I ever imagined I would. And it's beautiful. Even at a young age, I had been through quite a bit. I was so far off the path that I needed to be on that I didn't even know where the path was anymore. I can look back now and see that it was part of God's plan...which is still unfolding before my eyes. But, I'll get into all that later. 

    Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that blogging is my life's purpose, no. However I feel like it is most certainly a wonderful place to start. The internet (Or, as I call it, "the inter galactic web") is a great little tool that can be used to reach so many people from all over the place... so why wouldn't I take advantage of such an opportunity? And let me just say I am very excited, as I've already said, to see what might become of this, and how God may use it to reach people. Thanks for reading along, and I hope you'll continue this little journey with me. 

~Faith


You can sign up to receive emails with every new blog post, if you wish. (Scroll to the top of the side bar over there to sign up)                                                                                                                                                                   New posts should be up every Sunday, and occasionally Wednesdays as well.